I made the most fabulous gluten-free dessert yesterday… A gluten-free banana pound cake!!! It was ridiculously good and so incredibly moist my husband had a really hard time believing it was gluten-free! Truly, this is one of the best gluten-free desserts I’ve ever made.
Try this super-fabulous treat the next time your in the mood for a delicious treat. It also makes a great tea-time dessert! Invite a few friends, bust out the tea pot, and serve this yummy cake warm or cold.
Note: I slightly modified the recipe below. For the original recipe, click on the link above.
3/4 cups white rice flour (120g)
1/4 cup sorghum flour (30 g)
1/4 cup potato starch (48g)
1/4 cup tapioca flour (30g)
1 (3.4 oz) box Jell-O Instant Banana Cream Pudding and Pie Filling
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
2/3 cups Bakers Sugar (extra fine granulated)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 medium banana (3.8 oz)
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
2 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
2 tsp banana extract
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbs butter , softened
1 Tbs whole milk or half and half
1 tsp banana extract
*You may even want to add chopped pecans on top! 🙂
* REMEMBER TO USE ORGANIC INGREDIENTS WHENEVER POSSIBLE FOR A TASTIER & BETTER-FOR-YOU VERSION OF THIS DESSERT
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Stir together all Dry Ingredients in a bag or lidded container. Shake to completely mix.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients(except milk)until completely blended. Gradually add Dry Ingredients, beating at low speed until well mixed (about 2 minutes). Add milk gradually to the mixing bowl, stir until mixed. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
4. Pour batter into greased 4-cup Bundt or 6-inch tube pan. Bake for 80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; invert cake pan onto a plate or cake dish. Tap bottom lightly to loosen cake from pan.
5. Place all frosting ingredients in a small mixing bowl, blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Optionally drizzle with frosting. Refrigerate any leftover frosting in a covered container.
SO YUMMY!!!! 🙂
-Glamour & Green Gluten-Free
PS. More tomorrow about hosting a gluten-free tea party for Mother’s Day!