If you’re planning a spring vacation, a babymoon (like me), or a little weekend get-away, it’s time to stock up on gluten-free traveling essentials!
And if you’re not planning a spring vacation, no worries! Plan a “staycation” and have fun at home! Indulging in a few gluten-free travel toiletries can still get you excited about warmer weather at home and can also become motivation to do something exciting and cost-efficient around town!
Stock Up on These 8 Glamorous Gluten-Free Toiletries for Your Next Adventure:
1. Gluten-Free Hand Sanitizer: We all know that it’s not easy to wash your hands as often as you touch dirty, germy things when you travel. That’s why hand sanitizer was such a brilliant creation. But it always freaks me out to think of the chemicals used in hand sanitizer, and what might be even worse, if the hand sanitizer includes gluten! The Solution? Try EO Hand Sanitizer–the organic, plant-based alternative to chemical laden hand sanitizers and is also gluten-free. Organic Lavender Essential Oil is naturally cleansing and soothing. Organic Alcohol (non-GMO) sanitizes on contact. Soothing Jojoba nourishes and moisturizes. It keeps your hands clean as you travel, but even better than that, rest-assure that your hand sanitizer isn’t filled with gluten or scary, toxic chemicals!
2. Gluten-Free Toothpaste (Travel-Size): One of my favorite toothpastes is Tom’s of Maine brand. Free from artificial sweeteners, it uses real, natural flavored oils for taste. It’s incredible toothpaste that fights cavities, controls tarter, and whitens your teeth too! They even have travel-size all-natural toothpastes that make it easy to toss pack in your toiletry bag. My favorite flavor? Try the refreshing orange-mango toothpaste flavor which feels light and clean! It’s an exciting alternative to regular minty toothpaste flavors and can become a fun flavor to use on tropical trips and turn into a personal traveling tradition!
3. Gluten-Free Shampoo & Conditioner (Travel Size): Looking for a good gluten-free shampoo? Try the Morrocco Method 5 Elements Shampoos– Trial Size, which includes 4 different shampoos that are designed to be used in rotation so that all aspects of hair and scalp can be nourished and maintained. Pine Shale (Air) and Apple Cider Vinegar (Fire) Shampoos nourish the hair and stimulate growth. Sea Essence (Water) and Earth Essence (Earth) Shampoos detoxify and regenerate hair and scalp. Rotate all four for maximum care — Pine Shale today, Apple Cider Vinegar tomorrow, Sea Essence the next day, then Earth Essence, then back to Pine Shale Shampoo to continue the rotation cycle. Then try the Morrocco Method 5 Elements Conditioners– Trial Size, which includes a 2-ounce bottles of Diamond Crystal Mist, Volumizer Mist, and Chi Instant Conditioners plus a 1-ounce bottle of Euro Organic Oil and a 1-ounce package of Zen Detox Hair & Scalp Therapy. All shampoos and conditioners are gluten-free, color-safe, and organic! Truly fantastic!
4. Gluten-Free Anti-Fizz Hair Serum: I can’t believe something that’s organic works so well, but Giovanni’s Frizz Be Gone anti-frizz hair serum is phenomenal! After your usual shampoo and conditioner routine, apply a dime-sized amount to towel-dried hair and banish traveling frizziness! It also helps detangle dry hair that needs extra moisturizing. This stuff works miracles (I use it every single day) and will be a life-saver if you plan to go out and sit by the beach and don’t want to end up with a unsightly fro. It’s a little pricey, but trust me, it’s worth the investment!
5. Gluten-Free Soap: Using the Kauai Blossom Soap from the Dynamic Fragrance Soap Collection at EverAfter Naturals is an awesome, all-natural, and gluten-free choice to put you in the mood for a tropical get-away. Filled with island floral notes and a hint of ginger, this handcrafted soap will take you away to clear waters and white sand whether or not you’re really going on vacation! It smells great, cleans well, and leaves your skin silky and soft. Make sure you get a bar for your next trip! I’m a huge fan of this soap and this company- read my review of EverAfter Naturals here.
6. Gluten-Free Lip Balm: EverAfter Naturals gets another shout-out here for the super-amazing Moisturizing Lip Balm. It’s all natural, gluten-free, and full-on fabulous. Flavored with only pure plant oils, this lip balm contains no petroleum, artificial flavors or sweeteners. You’ll be amazed at how incredibly smooth this lip balm goes on and how long it lasts! The applicator is also more oval (while most lip balm or chapsticks are more round) which I think is a cool feature and a better fit for real lips! My favorite is the Berry flavor which gives your lips a really pretty, all-natural tint, which makes it perfect multi-tasking product for avoiding slathering on heavy-feeling lipsticks during your traveling, but still getting a beautiful touch of lip color.
7. Gluten-Free Sunscreen: Sunscreen is a must-have product for regular, every day, daily life- so obviously- you wouldn’t dare go without it as you run away to your sunny escapes! That said, California Baby No Fragrance SPF 30+ Sunscreen Lotion is the hands-down winner. Unfragranced, PABA free, non-chemical, California Baby® sunscreen is perfect for those with skin sensitivities or fragrance allergies. California Baby’s active ingredient is a highly micronized titanium dioxide that scatters and reflects dangerous UV rays, offering UVA-UVB broad-spectrum protection. This lotion is simple and elegant; it glides on smoothly and will not slip off when it comes into contact with water, so you may rest assured that it will last. Non-staining formula, very water-resistant, and contains no gluten (whoo-hoo!), nut oils, soy, oat, or dairy! Love this stuff and TOTALLY worth the price.
8. Gluten-Free Body Lotion: I like my sunscreens to be scent-less so I can get crazy with the fun-stuff: body lotion. Get in the mood for fun and perhaps a pina colada (or two 🙂 ) with 100% Pure’s Organic Virgin Coconut Nourishing Body Cream. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! This body cream will make you happy whether you leave the house or not! This highly nourishing luxurious cream is concentrated with potent anti-aging antioxidants, vitamins, skin softening fruit oils and moisturizing cocoa and avocado butters. It’s a delicious smelling body cream that will immediately hydrate, soften and feed your skin nutrients for healthy, glowing skin. Truly, 100% Pure – never any toxic preservatives, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemicals or anything else artificial Made only with highest quality, natural, organic nutrients for your skin. Vegetarian and gluten-free too! Yay.
Happy & Safe Gluten-Free Traveling!
-Glamour & Green Gluten-Free
Pps. Tomorrow is all-about creating “green” memory books for Spring 2010 Adventures, Vacations, and Travels with digital scrapbooking. Sooo exciting! 🙂