Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
½ Cup Butter
½ Cup Sugar (Brown Sugar if you like)
2 Cups ALL Purpose GF Flour (Try Bob’s Red Mill)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 Cup very ripe bananas (about 2-3 bananas per one batch or 4 to 5 double batch)
½ Cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
*As usual, if you can pick organic ingredients and spices, you’ll always end up with a better-for-you, tastier version.
1. Melt butter in microwave
2. Combine in mixer bowl: GF flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Mix to combine dry ingredients.
3. Add bananas, eggs, vanilla and mix in mixer bowl with dry ingredients.
4. Add melted butter and mix in.
5. Stir nuts in
6. Pour mixture into greased bread pans
7. Bake at 350 for about 40 to 45 minutes or until putting a knife in middle and pulling out is clean
8. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before cutting.
Makes 1 to 2 loafs depending on loaf pan size — (recipe above with the 2-3 bananas) — or (double all ingredients above with the 4 to 5 bananas option for 2-3 loafs).
Recipe Tip: The next time you have very ripe bananas, peel them and freeze in zip lock bag. When you have enough bananas for this recipe, defrost them and add them directly to mixer! If you don’t have a hand mixer then make sure the bananas are mashed very good before adding them to bowl, and then mix everything completely.
-Glamour & Green Gluten-Free