On a beautiful sunny day this spring, make it a Mexican-food night and indulge in this ridiculously yummy gluten-free chicken quesadilla dinner with an upgraded, shi-shi version of regular ol’ salsa and guacamole dip!
Trust me, this isn’t your average, everyday quesadilla! You’ll love this recipe! It’s great for dinners outside on the patio and impressive when serving to family and friends during little dinner get-togethers! 🙂
Chicken Quesadillas with Fruit Salsa and Avocado Cream from MyRecipes.com
Note: I have modified the original recipe to a gluten-free version below for my gluten-free foodies! 🙂
- Gluten-free/ all-natural cooking spray or oil
- 1 1/3 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, divided
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 2 cups chopped ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts (this recipe is great for using your left-over cooked chicken!)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add shredded carrot and onions; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons shredded cheese over each of the tortillas, and divide carrot mixture evenly over tortillas. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, and 2 tablespoons cheese, and top with a tortilla.
Place skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add 1 quesadilla, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until quesadilla is browned and crispy. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Plate and top each quesadilla with 2/3 cup Fruit Salsa and about 3 tablespoons Avocado Cream.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled ripe papaya or mango (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled kiwifruit (about 3 kiwifruit)
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- 1 peeled medium avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Place first 3 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Spoon pureed mixture into a small bowl; stir in cilantro. Cover and chill.
*AS ALWAYS, USE ORGANIC INGREDIENTS WHEN YOU CAN FOR A YUMMIER, BETTER-FOR-YOU VERSION OF THIS DISH
Happy Fiesta-ing! 🙂
-Glamour & Green Gluten-Free